Monday, November 3, 2008

Death has risen before me and I have shaken his hand
Both in agreement that he almost won but still acknowledging that this has just begun
This tug of war for my life is teetering on the edge of exhaustion
Bringing me to the brink of my sanity
The ruler of all lies has placed his tongue softly on the beating drum of my ear
The droplets of his saliva are solidifying around my ears like wax headphones
Numbing the truths that are so visibly screaming on my left and rights
Wrapping his warm arms around me and rocking, he sings with his brilliant slaves
Sunset after sunset I find myself wandering like a baby penguin back to mother for comfort and warmth
Perching just below reality
This constant battle is requiring a sword that my dagger can not overcome
My armors pierced and battered grieving to be restored 
Every opening of my eyes reborn
Covering my sheepish body snow white wool flows full and thick that can never be sheered
I'm in refuge

No comments: