Monday, May 26, 2008

Thoughts from my room

Gods tears poured onto the sidewalks this morning, confining me to the 10x12 room lit by weary light bulbs. The wind is strong today, turning the trees into hula dancers. The dripping drip drop onto the windowsill starts a tally of scratch marks on my arms. The presence of the cool air is pressed up against the glass which is connected to my cheek. Nature is roaring from the ceiling like a lion. The slithering static bolt bares it’s stem connecting the heavens to the earth. This room is the extent of my world today. I can dream of the outside world and picture clear days, but today I dare not step outside...

2 comments:

MLEmary said...

this room is the extent of my world today... fabulous use of imagery here. i felt confined with you

Allison said...

I walked in those tears all day...they were excellent. I'd like to think they were God's tears of laughter...