Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hope For A Day

Give me a day to feel sad
Mourning slothfully and weeping softly
Quietly pushing the covers over my head
Snoozing through the day young 
Pushing the sun through the sky
Unevenly laying balanced by weakness
Waking for a breath and falling deeper
Seeping into a dream laid before my dark eyes
Absent from light and immune to my teeth
Neither will know and neither will show
Coming home crying to my ceiling 
Reaching for letters written fondly
Scribbling letters forming into words
Unable to identify my heartache or my headache
Plotting to find peace in my theatrical muse
I come short of feeling
Leaning over into numbing
I am merely sleeping awake
Tapping of piano keys patter on my roof
Each note sending me whirling as if the player knew
Candle lit and dim I will sit perched in the street
Upon the shore of the ocean I hold back
Shivering frost and biter cold cheeks I can not move
Hoping for a day where my sadness has gone away...

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Wow...tears are streaming down my face. I am IN that place right now. PRAYING to make it to the other side where the pain is gone and left behind. Damn, it hurts so much. I wish I could just cry it out and get it over with.
It takes time. And it just ticks by so slowly...