Thursday, July 3, 2008

Permanent Motion

Drifting, Sleeping with my eyes open
This spell feels like I am in a picture
Stationary, lifted by the hands of the movers
Carefully placed in between boxes like a game of tetris
Floating, flying in bed above the wheels
Pot holes and speed bumps shifting my position
Peering, visible passer bys spying me
Destination unknown by my eyes 
Steady, constant breeze flowing through the cracks
Permanent convertible with a view of blue
Cool, air condition weather I like it or not
Body warmth next to my cardboard friends
Guessing, mind games played by pit stops
Long enough to be real but movement is absent
Melodies, horns and purring of gears shifting
Tires over reflecting bumps and grinding of axles
Turned off, engines final roar settling
Locks pop, hinges squeak, feet grounded
Were here, arrival successful, destination complete, move accomplished.

No comments: